About Holt Chamber
There are approximately eighty businesses from varying professions who are members of the Holt and District Chamber of Commerce and Trade.
Once a month, (usually the first Wednesday of the month), the committee meet at 6pm.
Contact us or check minutes for the venue.
|Ian Furniss (Chairman)||The Tannery||07818 405564|
|Leila Kaddouri (Vice Chairman)||Kaddouri||07913 900926|
|Martin Sanders (Treasurer)||Larking Gowen||01263 712017|
|Charles Butler||Butler’s Pantry||01263 711867|
|Duncan Baker||Bakers & Larners of Holt||01263 712244|
|Len Casey||Guided Media||01263 768156|
|Sandra Taylor-Meeds||Budgens||01263 713734|
|David Makinson||The Holt Bookshop||01263 715858|
What do we stand for?
Simply put we are here to support the needs of our members. Our main objective is to see our member organisations thrive through mutual support.
However, we also recognise that the business community is very much part of the wider community as a whole and we liaise closely with other groups to address the commercial and community needs of Holt and the surrounding area.
Holt is an individual community with the heritage, heart and character of a market town, which we strongly want to protect and preserve. The Chamber also recognises the needs of the residents of Holt and the place of tourism and Greshams school within the local community and economy.
So what does this mean in reality?
Holt Chamber of Commerce is an active and growing group of individuals representing local businesses and other persons with close links to those businesses.
We value input and involvement from all our members and extend that to warmly welcome new members. Chamber meetings are an opportunity for members to network and share information. The issues that face Holt as a commercial centre affect everyone, large and small business alike.
Our approach is to work as a TEAM, where Together Everyone Achieves More – mutual support in other words, in areas such as:
- Representation on business issues at local council meetings
- Liaison with The Holt Society, NWT, Holt Hall and other local societies
- Considering local matters of importance and relevance such as parking, planning, new business entrants and business closures – in particular plan and review plans to improve the commercial centre and maintain the viability of the town as a place for businesses to thrive and serve the needs of the community – support Holt Vision
- Support for local community events – e.g Christmas Lights and Christmas shopping to attract footfall and support the commercial centre
- Support or help construct bids for Local Authority funding to maintain/enhance the commercial centre
- Keep abreast of changing rent levels and support rent review processes
- Holt promotion and tourism development
- Leverage buying power for card payment services
- Minimisation of Utility costs
- Consolidation of insurance to reduce business costs
- Health & Safety matters
So what does this mean to me?
Well, if you want to thrive in Holt, we’d like you to join us so that together:
- We have a strong voice; Local Authorities listen to Chambers of Commerce, especially those who demonstrate widespread membership of local business.
- We have local community appreciation for the ‘give back’ approach that Holt Chamber of Commerce demonstrates with events such as the Holt Christmas Lights, etc.
- We are all committed to supporting local trade
- We have a voice to shape the business community to support you!